Frequently asked questions
Q: How do I use the tags?
Each of the three ARTtrust Bubble Tag™ is important as it corresponds to a different application or use.
- Goes on the back of the artwork. It is recommended to place it at the top (right by default) to ease visualization when the artwork is taken down from a gallery wall to look at the back.
- If the print is mounted permanently (mounted to board or aluminum, laminated, encapsulated, etc.), place the tag on the mount itself. Otherwise, place on the back of the print (never on the front). Do not place tags on mats, holders, separators, or other temporary items.
- If the print is sold in a frame, place the tag so that one-half is on the artwork and the other half is on the frame. If a buyer wants to change the frame, he/she will have to consult an authorized reseller who will be provided with a solution guaranteeing no gap in authenticity or ability to check online.
- Must be placed on the document that accompanies the artwork when sold.
- The document can be:
- A Certificate of Authenticity offered by ARTtrust
- Artist/photographer/gallery’s own Certificate of Authenticity
- An invoice or any other relevant document accompanying the work.
- To be kept by the artist/photographer.
- The Blue tag enables the artist/photographer to transmit authenticity information to subsequent rights owners or descendants/heirs, and it remains the ultimate proof of identity, thus freeing all stakeholders from related provenance risks and questions.
Tags have a neutral-pH adhesive or glue to allow adhering to the media. Once placed, a Bubble Tag™ cannot be tampered with or removed without destruction; the upper layer, containing the information, tears off and a chess board-like design is visible. This adhesive sticks immediately and drys slowly, providing extremely long-term permanence on the media. The Bubble Tag™ has been endorsed by many public authorities worldwide and is recognized for its security on official documents.